|SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT||JASVINDER MAZUMDAR ( ADVOCATE)|
|VICE PRESIDENTS||PRATUL SHAH DEO
A RASHID KHAN
|JT SECRETARY||ASHISH KUMAR
DEEPAK KUMAR SINHA
JHARKHAND BOWLING ASSOCIATION
- Asia Pacific Merdeka cup at Kualalumpur, Malaysia, 2-8 Oct 2011. Players from Jharkhand Bowling Asssociation won silver and bronze medals for India collectively.
- India have won 1 Gold medal and 6 Bronze medal in the 8th Asian Lawn Bowls Championship 2009, where the majority of players were from Jharkhand Bowling Association.
- Indian Team at Warilla, NSW, Australia in World BowlsChampionship, 2008 (All players from Jharkhand)
- Read more on telegraph about us : Rulers of lawns, wish list on bowls – The Telegraph
Present Status of Bowls
Current level of our players does not match the International level of the Game, in fact our ladies and men’s team participating at Major World Bowls event have only seen the bottom half of the ladder. Though Jharkhand Bowling Association has given the best results in many international events.
But it is commonly citied at these meets that with the minimum exposure our Bowlers get they perform beyond expectations, some of our players have beaten World Class players but do not have the consistency to win a Championship.
The Consistency will come with more exposure and a rigiourous Training and Coaching Programme under Proffessional Coaches as has happened in Shooting, Archery, Chess etc.
This can only be achieved if our Bowlers are coached by Dedicated Professionals on International Standard Bowls Surface and have access to the best Bowls Equipment available in the world.
- The Jharkhand Bowling Association would extend sincere thanks to Sri R.K.Anand, President, Jharkhand Olympic Association for allotting funds for construction of Bowls Green at Namkom, Ranchi. The Stadium happens to be the first of its kind in the country having facility of indoor synthetic surface, outdoor synthetic surface and outdoor grass green.
Club house of 7000 sq ft, Indoor stadium having accommodation facilities for 100 players.
- The Jharkhand Bowling Association would extend its sincere thanks to District Administration Ranchi for providing 2 acres of land at Bargawa, Namkom, Ranchi for construction of Lawn Bowls Green.
- We extend sincere thanks to Bowling Federation of India for allotting 2 Nationals at Ranchi, 1st federation Cup National lawn Bowls Championship in 2008, 2nd National Lawn Bowls Championship in 2011 at Ranchi, Commonwealth Games selection trial at Ranchi in 2008.
- We extend our sincere thanks to Indian Cricket captain MS Dhoni who was kind enough to encourage our players at the Bowls Green at Namkom and had agreed to extend support to this sport.
- We extend our sincere thanks to the Government of Jharkhand for awarding our players with cash prize for winning medals at 34th National Games and other National and International events.
- We extend our sincere thanks to the Department of Arts, Culture Sports & Youth Affairs, Government of Jharkhand for awarding our players with cash awards and stipends for their excellent performance in National & International Bowls Championship.